If you follow me on social media at all, you probably saw Tuesday’s video talking about using video on social media. In that video, I mentioned that video was huge in 2017 and is only going to get bigger in 2018. Today I’m going to dig into specifics and give you some cold hard numbers for why you should be using video on social media.
This is going to be a shorter post, because there’s some really impressive numbers that make the point a lot better than I could with a lot of words. So, without further adieu, here are some of the most relevant numbers regarding why you should be posting videos.
- 87% of online marketers use video. If you’re not, you’re already behind your competition.
- One third of online activity is spent watching videos. People want to watch!
- 92% of people who watch video on mobile share them. Video is shareable and can help expand your reach.
- Marketers who use video grow 49% faster than those who don’t. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. No, there’s not an extra zero there. 1,200% more shares.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic. Want more traffic to your website? Yep, video can do that.
Also, video helps build trust with your customers. Video is engaging and has the potential to involve emotions – combine that with useful and valuable content, and you have a recipe for both engage and trusting customers.
In short, video gets you results. All kinds of results. It doesn’t mater what kind of results you’re looking for, video can get you there.